Sunday 22 March 2015

And so the world, or at least the world on our side is still mostly silent. 

It is I suppose a monumental moment in singapore history - Lee Kuan Yew, one of our founding fathers has left earth. I can't say that I feel very sad, but it's not that I'm happy- I think it's rather weird and curious and I wonder what future lies ahead of singapore

How it is seemingly so silent but I'm pretty sure the press offices / journalists  the printers and the military are scrambling to print out the headlines the tributes , to be vigilant to protect our country , to honor , to respect our founding father. - in fact I hear helicopters flying around. 

I don't know what I'm rambling about - I've been up late doing my work and it's time for bed but I thought I'd make a little note on my blog of a time in history of which I surreally lived through so i remember when I look back. To write something before the chaos when everyone wakes up later today. 

Before I head to bed, I'd like to say I may not be the biggest patriot but I think I am thankful for whatever great roles Lee Kuan Yew had in bringing us to where we are today. Rest In Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment