Wednesday 14 January 2015


Collections and obsessions 

Today was the first class for VC for the semester and the theme of our briefs is collections and obsessions. I have never thought much about this and when asked what I collected or obsessed with I couldn't pin point anything because me being a rather mild hoarder - collects just about everything. But then after class ping suddenly struck me by saying " I know ! You collect pictures of the sky." - it kind of hit me in the face then haha. 

So why is this important ? As asked by jonas, what makes my collection of sky pictures relatable to others and why is it significant to others. Well this is just a beginning thought for my project so I won't forget. 

This is the first time I actually thought hard about why I actually loved the sky so much. I think to me, it is a reminder that life despite its up and downs, is beautiful. I think what is significant here is that to be able to catch my sunsets, I actually had to carve out 1.5 hours each day merely spending time high up above, far removed and observing the sky. I often feel much better - if I've had a bad day after doing so. That sacred 1.5 hours I realize, is a time of reflection, relaxation, a time of quiet, a time where I forget my problems for awhile. And I think it is important ? That everyone should take that time no matter how busy they are, to simply breathe a little and marvel at the beauty of nature, appreciate the little things in life - so that's how it should matter to others as well. I'm really sleepy haha so I have no idea if what I'm blabbering makes any sense but I think it does la haha 







No comments:

Post a Comment