Monday 26 May 2014

I'm sorry

When you try to stop yourself from crying and everything comes out from your nose instead.

When you lose all hope and you laugh at every single word that is supposed to matter. When you laugh like it is a big joke that is tearing your insides apart. 

When you reach your hand out to try to help someone who's dangling off the building, only to be slapped in the face by the only hand that is holding on to the building. 

I'm sorry I never saw the signs. I'm sorry I never picked up the phone to ask you how you were. I'm sorry i wasn't worthy for you to spend time to try and help me understand how to help you. I'm sorry I don't understand things from your shoes. 
I'm sorry you never gave me the chance to. 

I'm sorry because I know it's not entirely your fault.   

I can only say I tried. You let me go and the fucking consolation prize was "thanks for trying". 

Tonight I say I give up. I'm done. 

I hope you become stronger, I hope you learn to resolve your problems and not run away from them. I hope you take care of yourself, treasure yourself and learn that you deserve better and I hope you learn what love is. 

But for tonight, I give up and I let you go too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment