Sunday 8 June 2014

D-day




Finally after about a year of hard toiling and planning, spending all of my saturdays at meetings .. The major day arrived yesterday ! The finals for our competition. 

VOMG 2014 

Voice of my generation (VOMG) is a platform to showcase the contemporary musical talents of students from JCs and centralized institutions. 

We believe VOMG is the start of a new culture where passion and the arts are celebrated. A new journey in which the intellect and soul grow together. 

We believe VOMG brings across the message that your voice counts - that's you can make a difference with your music. 

Basically we - we meaning Karthik, Jun Rong and I with our mentor Walter, wanted to start a music revolution. Call us ambitious, but that's exactly what we want, we want to change the music scene of Singapore and ignite the passion for music an arts. 

It has been really hard, to get funding and support from anyone ( schools to government ministers to everyone ) because we are so unknown. But I'm proud to say that our event went really well, despite all our problems even right before the concert. 

We have never really had any experience in planning such a competition but I think it was a rewarding experience. I didn't have much impression of yesterday's event, because I was stuck at manning the ticket booth outside, but I'm sure we made an impression on the participants. And I definitely have gained a lot of experience in terms of being creative director for the project. 

The biggest impression left on me was actually at the auditions, when the teachers of the students participating actually thanked us for giving the kids such an opportunity and that it meant the world to them. 

Looking forward to VOMG 2015 and onward. We start small but I'm sure we will get more and more support someday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment