Saturday 31 August 2013

ilo ilo - 爸爸妈妈不在家



Caught this film today with Jeth. I like it. I would say it is a pretty accurate and real representation of life during that period of time. I can identify with most of the frustration experienced by characters of the film. 
 
( SPOILER ALERT : not sure but maybe if you haven't watched and want to watch then don't read first ) 

I think that the film itself shed some light on the perspective and feelings of the roles of the various characters very well as well. How the child rejected the presence of the maid. How the maid felt afraid and lost. How the mother felt that the maid was taking over her place as a mother to her son. I think perhaps my very own mother might have felt sligtly that way toward my maid as well. 

I myself can identify with the child's rejection of the maid when she first came in the sense that when Marvi first came I didn't like her and I always told her I didn't want her and that I wanted daisy. I was a horrible little child that was difficult and annoying and made life so hard for her - ( believe me I would totally want to kill younger me if we were to come face to face today I think HAHA ). 

Well time passed and Marvi became my best friend , a second mother, a confidant. I really loved her and I still do.

I cried quite abit at the last part of the film .. Firstly because I am a sap- I cry like in almost every movie (-.-) - and secondly because I can totally identify with the feelings of seperation anxiety the child was experiencing when they decided to send the maid home and it reminded me of my experience with the very same seperation anxiety when my maid left me 4 years ago. 

After living together for 8 years. I still remember her fondly and I think the painful feelings from when she left will never really leave me. ( haha the thought of her leaving us once upon a time was one of my biggest fears as a kid and I really had a hard time accepting it for awhile after she left) 

Ah but such is life- things change, people change, people move on. But the happy memories and the love we shared will live on forever. 

I know we still talk but very rarely. So here's hoping you're out there doing well and always happy. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment