Friday 2 August 2013

Growing up

Today I met up with childhood bud : LALA ( venga ) - we've been classmates in kindergarten and then again for two years In secondary school. 

I apologize the photo is rather horrible but it was really grainy because it was dark and also he was camera shy ): so I couldn't really get a picture with him. 


And here we are side by side: me with the red sash and him with the green. 

Crazy how you can still be friends with people you've known from kindie. 

Some other photos from kindie:




Retard child. 

So we had dinner at west coast, where I used to live, where he lives as well as where both our kindie and secondary school is. The funniest thing is both our secondary school and the kindergarten is called Clementi woods. ( although our secondary school was initially Jin tai till we merged with Ghim moh and we were renamed Clementi woods secondary school ) 

After that, we took a fifteen minute walk to west coast park to get ice cream/coffee from mackeedees. 

LALA hasn't been there in ages, told him they renovated the pyramid and they added a slide now. He wanted to see it so we did - and upon seeing it he remarked : " HUH they made it shorter ah."

 Took me aback for awhile because I knew it hadn't changed, I had climbed the pyramid a number of times just to do my 4D project two semesters ago. Looking at it I realized that it was pretty true that it didn't look as challenging and as crazy as it did in the past. I then replied : "nah, it didn't change. We just grew up." And we both laughed. 

Have a million memories connected to the pyramid with lovely friends of mine. 

Tried walking the obstacle course- it used to be so difficult..now it's like chicken feet. Haha guess we really are growing up. 

I think it's pretty scary- and I kinda don't want to grow up, lose my parents, face the world and society. I want to be carefree, innocent and without stress. 

But growing up is inevitable and I guess what matters is to be young at heart. 

I hope I come back and read this blog someday because I don't wanna be some boring old adult who has no interest in music, walks out halfway during movies, doesn't ride roller coasters, becomes someone who's just so tired all the time after work that I no longer pursue my hobbies and interests, retain my crazy personality, and not give a shit about society. 

Maybe I won't always be YOUNG, wild and free,but: 

I want to be wild and free forever. 

As I approach my twentieth, (twenteen-ieth) I want to treasure every single day I have even more, love my current state as a youth, and embrace everything positivity -ill try no matter what. I'll enjoy my life, because it is what God has meant for me to do. To enjoy, to love life, to love the others around me and bless them and help them to feel as happy as I do. 

I don't think there's really a reason or a motive needed to do people a Favour, because the satisfaction that comes from it makes you happy in the end. You're happy and the opposite party is happy. 

People have done me favours without a reason and I'm really touched by them, and I always believe it is for me to pass it on so that they can pass similar blessings on to the others they love. 

Do unto others only what you wish for others to do unto you.



2 comments: