Wednesday 15 October 2014


Younger daze. 

Hooked up my old iPod nano to discover a mix of music from 2008(?) to 2012. Music that accompanied me on the long nights up doing my o level art, band songs I repetitively played so I could go through my clarinet parts over and over again, music that I listened to while on the long journeys from home to school at woodlands such that when I didn't shuffle I actually still subconsciously remember the order of the songs on the playlist, music that kept out the silence those long nights writing my essays, our music for our cheer routine we mixed by ourselves with much difficulty, the music we played over and over night after night at weekly cheer practices, the songs I played over and over again in order to memorize the lyrics before our performances, the voice recordings of my own covers of popular songs then - someone like you, born this way, etc, voice recordings of my jam seshes with matt, and voice recordings of our band (gawd I really miss our band so much), I even had 40 minute clips of literature lectures I had difficulty paying attention in- mindy Wong and Chitra and their literary jargon. 

Those days were simpler. Much much simpler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment