Thursday 11 July 2013

Best day best friend

(This was typed out fresh July 11 but was unpublished as I hadn't edited and uploaded the photos) 

First and foremost : the sky (: 

Sunsets at the below are pretty so keep scrolling! 

Simplest pleasures in life: looking up at the sky on a sandy beach with your best friend. 

I think today would be one of the awesomest day amongst a few others this summer. 
No doubt it didn't start off that great with bidding for Star Wars and what not, but the rest of the day was just .. Wonderful. A full day of relax and just catching up with Mish. There are very few people I open up to or have deep conversations with and Mish is one of them - and I'm truly thankful for her. I love how We can talk about anything under the sun or just .. Not talk at all and feel comfortable.

Started off the day at IJC by visiting our beloved miss Ong (our beyond dedicated history teacher). Had a great catch up session with her - she's about to become a mom ! 


Then despite the horrible weather, we headed down to Sentosa for our personal beach day. It wasn't a wasted trip down as it wasn't raining when we reached and the sun in fact came out after awhile. (As you can see from my many sky photos today) 

Our fabulous trenches.. Spot our butt prints HAHA

I even met  sw who so happened to be around for his archi camp ((((: 

Explored the beach and mostly TALKED and talked but it was overall probably one of the most relaxed days I've had this year (: 

Left Sentosa afterward to vivo for a class gathering (at least for those who could make lt )  ended up chilling with Arvind and Ilyas at the rooftop .. More talking .. But it's kinda like the quality talk and reminiscing old times more than anything (: - learnt quite abit about NS (the interesting bits) 



 
Staying over at mish's now (typing this as I'm lying on the awesome upper deck of a bunk bed ) so we got a lift home from Ilyas. (He's such a reckless driver I swear and he's so cute cos he keeps saying "ahya I'll change for the better next time " ) 

Reached mish's then we decided to cycle and skate scoot downstairs at about 12 am to 7-11 to get some junk. (I swear everyone looked at us like nut jobs 
Like what are these kids doing with this bike and scooter so late at night man haha ) but it was really fun ... Not so often you get to feel so wild and free. So we roamed around lakeside park with our bike and skate scooter.. Sat down at our usual spot with our chips and just talked more (its like she never left for a year. we just click that way) 

Bad photo but whatevs.


Well just after all the talking, I think I'm really grateful and thank God for whatever I have now, I may not be rich or own that much material possessions, but I'm glad to have a roof over my head and my own room. If I die today, I won't die with regrets because I'm happy being single, I'm studying what I love, I have a happy loving family. There's really not much I can ask for. People always think the grass is much greener on the other side. I beg to differ , I think .. In every decision you make in life, there's always the pros and then there's the cons. It's only up to you whether you are willing to embrace the pros and forget the cons or cling on to the cons and fill you with misery. Whether you love whatever you're doing enough to take all the cons and still be happy. Happiness is a choice, not just a feeling , and that's what I've chosen.

Although its kind of sad Ill only get to see her for two days after not having seen her physically for a year, I'm really thankful that I even get these two days- because some people don't. 
 

Well this is perhaps the longest post ever ever.. Thanks for bearing with me (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment