Tuesday 8 April 2014

Spring



Hooray it's a beautiful day.

I was shocked today when I walked out of adm to grab myself some food. The usually green field was now pink and littered with fallen flowers. I didn't even know those trees had flowers(!!!!) 

So apparently this has been an ongoing phenomenon around Singapore, after what could be considered a drought
 (where it didn't rain, the wind was cold, and the usually humidity of Singapore that would drive us crazy disappeared). Flowers everywhere has been blooming as if we are in japan and it's the Sakura from the cherry blossom trees. I had seen pictures of it everywhere, but I hadn't actually seen it in real life and seeing it today was just amazing. 

So anyway I'm so tired right now after singing my heart out for literally almost the entire day, ( choir quartet practice as well as magic of voice presentation) my lungs are ready to collapse. Despite all that, i honestly think today has been a great day. 

Turns out my magic of voice prof is super super pleased with my performance today. I'm glad. Messed up a little but she only had praise. It can only be God and his grace because I prayed before I went up to perform. I prayed for strength and I prayed that I wouldn't be so scared because honestly I was freaking out at that point. This semester has been one of new experiences, it's the first time Ive ever played guitar on my own in front of an audience instead of usually having a guitarist, and it's also the first time I've actually performed on my own- I've performed so many times I don't even remember how many, but I've always had a band with me. But for this entire mod I was scarily entirely alone. Stage presence has always been an issue for me hahaha still working on it. Glad I took this mod this semester (: proud of me *pats myself on the back* 

Also, classes with Angeline this semester have been nothing but classes of grace. I'm honestly starting to like her more than I did last semester and I was one hour terribly diddly doo late for her class today because the earlier back to back class dragged half an hour and I walked to lee wee nam to print my work before crit in class. But she didn't say anything. And also, much to my relief, she pushed the deadlines back by one week. (THANK YOU GOD) because I was like freaking out a day earlier when I was considering everything I had on my plate. 


Ended the day practicing with the quartets because our exam is next week. It's frustrating sometimes because jj who is pretty new to this gets his parts wrong most of the time but we've worked really hard to practice, we've started earlier than everyone else. I know God will come through for us somehow. I really really praise The Lord that I have a quartet mate like robin, who has an awesome voice, and was a student conductor. He's really helped our group. And I think the members in our group gel really well together. It isn't awkward or anything. 

Grabbed dinner with robin afterwards, which is actually quite nice. Finally finding friends in uni again who take effort in the friendship more than just keeping it as a module thing. Robin reminds me a hell lot of Lucas haha - my secondary school senior/my kor. Mannerisms and the way he speaks I guess.

I think I'm too tired so I just diaherraed all my irrelevant thoughts onto this blog post so forgive me for my granny story. 

Gon crash nowwwwww~

No comments:

Post a Comment