Saturday 15 June 2013

You only live once


Began the day bright and early at haji lane with the music revolutionaries. It's some jamming studio at Haji which costs $18 an hour (because beat merchants has closed down?). The space is nice.. But the equipment pretty much sucks especially for the price you pay..So I do not recommend going there. 

Had a rather fruitful time jamming I would say..( except for thiggz who had to deal with a crappy kiddy puny little keyboard which wasn't even in tune). Enjoyed myself ! 

Some photos: haha Walter at the top left getting all excited while playing drums with his hands because we had no drumsticks. 



Some pretty murals I spotted. (Think they are drawn with sharpie !!) 

After jamming Walter dropped me off at city hall.. I went to get myself some lunch (ravenous). I assure you it's a voice-friendly chilli-free lunch. 
 And well .. Since I was around the area .. I decided to go to suntec to catch new paper new face auditions. 


Yay ! Took a photo with Rachel Erasmus who's TNPNF alumni as well as a contestant in Asia's next top model. 

I'd really like to thank her for her encouragement to just try out for the auditions. 

Guess what.. I did it ! And I made it past round 1 .. Even though I wasn't that tall Or whatever..


The first round was pretty easy.. Just a cat walk in front of a panel of judges. ( I should really thank jean for giving me the chance to model her dress for the adm fashion show because that gave me the confidence for this catwalk) I should thank God too ! Haha for putting me past round one being 85/300 to be out past round one. 

It's funny actually.. When I came out of the toilet this janitor uncle actually turned to me and said "啊小妹啊你去参加比赛吧" (translated: ah little miss .. Join the competition !!"). That along with Rachel and Jocelyn's (adm chum) encouragement I decided to just do it as I ha nothing to lose and possibly much to gain. 

Ah well round two would be 25 girls out of 85. Whether I make it or not it's all already in God's hands. Even if I don't get in this year, I'll try again with Pam the next because after all, I've got nothing to lose (: 


Ended the day with a splendid Father's Day dinner with the family <3 I swear my dad can never get his face angle right HAHA. 

Okay. I know this is a really long post.. And im not trying to be didactic ..But whatever dream it is you have : KEEP FIGHTING !! No matter what people say .. Prove them wrong. You only live once!! So follow your dreams (: 

So tired right now..gonna crashhhhhh



No comments:

Post a Comment